Friday, January 2, 2015

"What Can I Bring?"

“What can I bring?” is my typical response when I receive an invitation.  Like most of us, I look forward to invitations and spend time thinking about; how the event will be, what I will wear, who I might see there, what impression would I like to make, what conversations I might have, etc. etc..  I received an invitation to a New Year’s Eve party that sounded like a lot of fun, and since I am really looking forward to the fresh beginning that comes with every New Year, I was very excited for the opportunity to prepare for this event. While I was reflecting on this auspicious flip of the calendar, I was thinking about how each new year is in fact an invitation.  Like any invitation, in order to get the most out of it, we should prepare and approach this transition as we might approach a sought-after invitation to a wonderful event!

So, “What can you bring?” to the New Year in order to make it the best it can be?

  • Your experience~ What are your strengths and how will you leverage those strengths in the coming year?  Take an inventory and stay focused. Think commerce! How can you monetize your greatest skills?
  • Your wisdom~ What have you learned about yourself? What mistakes can you avoid? What patterns would you like to change in your relationships?
  • Your optimism~ Expect good things! We have all heard the spiritual wisdom that suggests that positive energy attracts positive things… like attracts like. Stay positive to create the opportunity for more abundance in your life.
  • Your confidence~ Believe in yourself and push yourself into new situations. Trust that you are ready to achieve the greatest goals of your life. If you feel insecure, call someone who knows how great you are and believe them when they tell you “you’ve got this”!
  • Your open mind~ Make this the year that you lose the comparisons. Each new year brings its own story. If you are busy trying to recreate your history, you will limit your ability to experience new adventures.
In 2015, may you realize all the promise that the new year has to offer, may you discover your best self, and may your life take the shape of your dreams.

Happy New Year!
imagecredit: williamhanson.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment